Of all the sweets and desserts out there, cookies are probably one of my favourite. But having the chocolaty, butter-filled type all the time isn’t ideal. That’s why I’ve come up with this recipe! I haven’t used any butter and I’ve used maple syrup instead of sugar. This recipe makes 12-15 cookies.
• ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
• ¼ cup honey
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup pecan nuts
• 1 ¼ cup oats
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Mix the peanut butter and honey until combined. Add baking soda and egg then stir
3. Place pecan nuts in a pan and toast until golden brown. Add the oats to the pecans and leave on the heat, mixing until they begin to brown. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
5. Roll teaspoon of the mixture into balls and place on baking tray with baking paper. They will expand, so you must make sure they’re well spaced
6. Press down with a spoon before placing them in the oven for 8-minutes or until golden brown
7. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly before serving!