We all know what self-love is, but how often do we actually take the time to consider our well-being and happiness?
Even though I’d been making the time to exercise and eat well, I wasn’t as well-balanced as I thought because I was focussing solely on the physical and ignoring my emotional and mental well-being. Once life’s stresses finally caught up with me, I was forced to look inward and reconsider my actions. Everyone has their own methods when it comes to self-love, but here are a few tips to get started.
- Be fully aware of your thoughts. Stop yourself when you start thinking negatively
- Eat something you love without feeling guilty
- Be productive. There’s something about getting things done that fills you up with a positive sense of accomplishment
- Pamper yourself. At home facials, floral creams and hot showers with sweet-smelling products are my go-to.
- Shun social media. Instagram and Facebook present us with images that are only half-true.
- Revisit your accomplishments without comparing them to anyone else’s. It’s difficult to fully appreciate what you’ve done or to find areas of improvement if you constantly compare yourself to other people.
I hope that these tips have been helpful. Please share any of your own below!