Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. The atmosphere, the decorations, the music, the food! This isn’t the best news for those trying not to let their hard work go to waste over the holidays. While depriving yourself during this festive time amounts to torture of the most painful kind, indulging every single day is not at all healthy. I know I have a very strong sweet tooth. We’ve barely stepped into December and I’ve already had a few tasty accidents. In preparation for what I know will be a tricky time, I’ve decided to try my hand at healthier options for all the treats I enjoy. The first one I’ve come up with is this Chocolate-Coconut Cookie Recipe. This recipe makes 8 cookies.
40 grams Coconut Flour
10 grams Whey Protein
¼ tsp baking soda
1 large egg
¼ tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
2. Combine the dry ingredients and mix well
3. Add the wet ingredients and combine. The consistency will be somewhat crumbly while staying together
4. Use a baking tablespoon to scoop the mixture. Roll each scoop into a ball and place on a baking tray with a baking sheet.
5. Press the balls down slightly with a teaspoon
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes
7. Remove from the oven, cool and enjoy!
Each cookie is only 35.5 calories. For detailed nutritional information click here.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!